Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rowan's Room


I just visited Purl Patchwork in Soho, and got some really cute fabrics for my son Rowan's room. We are moving him upstairs in preparation for baby #2 . There is a window seat in his new room, so I'm planning to do an upholstered cushion using the solid turquoise fabric. I am going to quilt on top with the three decorative thread colors in a random pattern. The cute houses with puppies and the orange solid I plan to use to make accent pillows. I am so inspired- stay tuned to see pics of the finished project!
p.s. I found out Purl is moving their store to a bigger location on Broome St (right around the corner from my office!). They are combining the knitting & fabric stores- can't wait to see it, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices! Rowan is certainly going to have a cool room. Hey I'm thinking about getting a new sewing machine and was wondering what kind you have? Any recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I have a 10-year old Singer, it is a very basic model without many bells & whistles. It does have drop-in bobbin, which my mom says is a good thing. My mom just got a Kenmore from Sears that has like 50 decorative stitches. I guess there are so many kinds out there, it depends on what you want to do with it.

    ReplyDelete